Sunday, November 15, 2009

BP11_20091115_Peer response 1

I had a great time looking at everyone's sites but was really excited at some new Web 2.0 sites I found. You will need to check this site out because it has numerous creative aspects to use in your classroom. I can not wait to use this for a lesson next week. I will create it this weekend to help me teach my students. This site is called "Proprofs" - click on the link so that you can explore http://www.proprofs.com/ I zeroed in on the flashcard part of this site so that I can teach Web 2.0 vocabulary to my students. http://www.proprofs.com/flashcards
Many sites are blocked at our school but I want to introduce my students to the vocabulary so they can check things out at home. My sixth grade students love flashcards that they can play with on their computer screen and work at their own pace. Since we do not have programs at school the students can use I will be able to type in my own definitions and terminology to customize for my classroom usage. There are also different flashcards that are premade by others in many different subjects to choose from. By picking a premade set you can customize them to fit your class. This site also has a way to create and customize quizzes as well. The quiz section allows you to shuffle your quiz, add images to your quizzes and also have two-way feedback. ProProfs provides free knowledge sharing tools and free online education. It also has blogs, wikis and a webschool. Let me know what you think!
POSTED BY ETC - ORR_TONI_BLOG AT 12:23 AM
3 COMMENTS:

Sergeant Sixpack said...
toni, this sounds like an excellent way i can get my 'intro to computer science' kids to be ready for the A+ exam at the end of the year. appreciate the blog. hope all's well.

NOVEMBER 15, 2009 9:50 PM
Emily Overstreet said...
Thank you so much for finding this site. I made ridiculous amounts of flash cards in high school and college. I'm sure the kids will love doing it because it seems like more of a game.

NOVEMBER 15, 2009 11:28 PM
kc88keyz said...
Toni,
This looks like a great site and I am anxious to try it out.This reminds me a little of the Quizlet site that I shared last week. Great tools!! Our district has a lot of things blocked as well and I only have my teacher station computer and a laptop on a cart so I pretty much need to create things for classroom use instead of the students being able to work on their own.
Thanks again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment